PEST CONTROL FAQ’S
Is your pest control service safe for kids and pets?
Absolutely. All the products we use are labeled for safe use (by national and state agencies) in and around your home. Also we never take any risks, common sense and proper training is key. The only precaution you need to take is to make sure people and pets stay off of the treated area until dry, unless stated otherwise by your Pest Control professional
Do I have to leave my house for service?
No. There is nothing we do during regular treatment that would necessitate you vacating your home before, during or after regular service. There are a few specialty treatments like treating for fleas that would require you to leave for a few hours.
Why do I need a winter service?
Though some pest pressures seem to ease during the winter, pests don’t just die or hibernate during the winter. If they did, there would never be any spiders or insects! Spiders and other insects are driven indoors or to other areas to overwinter, or some just never stop being active, like ants for example. Regular quarterly service is vital to maintain consistent treatment to keep pest numbers down, even in the winter.
In the wintertime our granular and dust treatments specifically target overwinter insects in mulch layers up next to your home, in cracks and crevices as well. This treatment effectively creates a long term barrier that protects you until spring. The most important part is keeping this barrier active when the weather breaks so we are not trying to catch-up and reestablish protection.
Rodents are also more apt to come inside during the colder months, and our quarterly pest plan covers Mice and Rats.
What can I do to keep bugs and spiders out
- Keep all vegetation well-trimmed and off the house, lawns should be cut regularly & to a proper height
- Decrease clutter: Woodpiles, construction materials etc. should be kept away from the home
- Maintain proper sanitation, vacuum, dust, and sweep regularly
- Avoid any standing water, inside or out.
- Decrease the amount of nighttime lights that attract insects. Use yellow light bulbs when possible as they are less likely to attract insects. There is a reason spiders build web sin the windows, the bugs are attracted to the lights inside.
- For other ideas or questions, give us a call or email us!
How long does the product take to work?
Immediately, though some products (like ones used for ants) are designed to have a delayed action for maximum effectiveness.
Is your work guaranteed?
All of our pest control programs are guaranteed.
Other Questions not answered here? Please fill out the form on our Contact Page and we will get back with you ASAP. Thanks!